How do I update an 11trees’ Chrome Extension?
Chrome Extensions update automatically – assuming you have an Internet connection. So you don’t, generally speaking, have to worry about manually updating Chrome Extensions like you might update apps on your phone.
However, sometimes you may want to force Chrome to update more quickly than it otherwise might – for instance, if we release new features and you don’t want to wait for Chrome (which will update over roughly within twelve hours of your releasing an updated version).
Here’s how (for Chrome version 65 and higher):
- Open Google Chrome.
- Browse to chrome://settings/help and make sure Chrome is up to date
- Browse to chrome://extensions/ – just like you would visit http://www.google.com.
- Make sure the Developer mode toggle in the top right of the result page is ON. See the red numeral “1” in the screenshot below.
- Make sure your 11trees’ Extension is installed and Enabled. Make a mental note of the version of Annotate PRO or Q for Success. In the screenshot, Annotate PRO is on version 5.2.1 (next to the red numeral “2”).
- Click the Update menu item (red numeral “3” in the screenshot) to force an update.
All of your Extensions will check for updates and, if available, update. The version will increment to a higher number if indeed an update occurs.
Annotate PRO users – note: refresh any open web pages after updating so that they “get” the new code.