Annotate PRO: Advanced Features
Annotate PRO is FREE to all educators through Dec 31, 2020
To support educators around the world Annotate PRO’s premium features and 230+ comment College Edition Library are free to individual educators through December 31, 2020.
Annotate PRO (AP) is a powerful free solution for individual educators.
Our goal is to help you provide feedback faster, more mindfully and to learn from that process – better engaging students and investing your precious time wisely.
The forever free version of AP makes it easy to:
You can choose to license AP as an individual teacher to gain access to advanced features like:
- Use AP with Gmail or Microsoft Outlook (web version)
- Organize your content using Sub Groups to differentiate instruction
- Use Google Translate to easily provide dual language or on-the-fly translation
- Expand the size of the AP sidebar go Double Wide
- Keep a running history of all the feedback you provide with The Feed, quickly converting one-off comments to reusable
- Structure your repetitive Comments with Forms
- In Canvas SpeedGrader keep an optional Student History of feedback by student, course and assignment
- View Analytics on your feedback
We also license content – so you don’t have to start from scratch:
- College Edition Library: 230+ Comments covering argument, organization, style, MLA, APA, research…it’s basically an academic writing handbook flipped inside out. Of course you can personalize and extend to suit your needs! Plus build your own content to sit alongside it.
- Legal Writing Edition Library: Created by Prof. Mitch Nathanson of Villanova Law School, LWE structures the feedback common to first-year legal writing courses.
Of course AP is designed for sharing!
What if your institution could create a custom Writing Across the Curriculum Library and share it, automatically, with all faculty? And potentially aggregate the resulting usage data to see where feedback is provided?
What about templates for responding to online discussions? So that ever teacher has a library of exemplar responses to encourage students and provide constructive feedback on interacting with peers?
Imagine all faculty and staff having one-click access to a School Resources Edition Library that makes it easy for them to engage students with your institution’s best resources: tutoring, writing center, advising, counseling, career services, policy details, wellness. We can even partner with your institution to manage such a content library so you can focus on interacting with students, not managing lists.
Learn more about our institutional pricing.
Annotate PRO, an add-on for Google Chrome and Microsoft Word, allows me to streamline the [grading] process by creating an archive of comments that I can then drop right into student work or feedback sections. This enables me to easily add frequently used comments (such as the difference between summary and analysis, what constitutes common knowledge, and how to properly format a quotation) to student work regardless of the platform that I’m using...a huge timesaver that allows me to work through a stack of exams or papers (and even respond to emailed questions) surprisingly quickly and easily.