How to Use Translate for Annotate PRO+
Google Translate Integration
AP+ and Institutional users can harness the power of Google Translate without having to leave the page you’re working on.
How to Access Translate
The Quick Way
We’ve built a series of frequently accessed customization options right into the toolbar with the lightning menu.
1. Click on the lightning icon at the top of the toolbar.
2. Select the last option, “Show Translate” and you’re good to go.
The Traditional Way
1. Open the Extension by clicking the green icon at the top of your browser. (If you don’t see the extension there, click here for help fixing that.)
2. Click the second option, “Settings”. This will open the settings menu.
3. The last option is “Show Translate”. Select the checkbox and you will have access to the translation tool.
How to Use Translate
Once translation is enabled you will see it in your toolbar.
Pro-tip: Using the double-wide version of the toolbar gives you extra room to see and use the translate tool.
To use the translate tool just select the language you’re writing in (English in this example.) and the language you want to translate to (French in this example). Type the text in the box and click “Insert” and the comment will send in your target language.
Note: If you want to temporarily turn off translation just click the “On” button and it will change to “Off” which will temporarily disable the translation. You can also send both the original and translated comment together by clicking on “Single” and changing it to “Dual”.
The single/dual option allows you to insert just the translated text (single) or the original and translated text together (dual).