Creating a new Library is easy – we’ll even create a new Group and Comment within that Group to help get you started. We’ve created a video covers all the basics of creating a Library, Group, and Comments, or keep reading below.
Once you’re in the AP editor just click New and choose New Library:
Libraries have three potential statuses:
- These Libraries can be made Active so they appear in the AP Word and Chrome apps for use. Libraries can be made Available to you by colleagues (for institutional clients) and 11trees (so you can license a Library).
- You control which Available Libraries become Active. Active Libraries show in the AP Word and Chrome apps for use providing feedback / inserting text and can quickly be Selected or deselected to make their content ‘live.’
- Selecting a Library makes its content ‘live’ in the AP Word and Chrome apps – so you can use the Comments to provide feedback and add text using AP.
Group, Sub-Group, or Comment
The simplest way to create new content in AP is to click the New menu choice in the editor (see How to access the editor here). This is especially true for creating new Libraries.
You’ll get a popup window where you can complete the required information.
New Groups and new Comments are probably best authored from the Libraries view, where you can see one Library at a time with its Groups listed on the left side of the screen and Comments for the selected Group listed on the right. On this view you can click New Group or New Comment to add content to the current Library.
NOTE: Pasting Word content directly into Annotate PRO will yield unpredictable results. Word formatting is not the same as HTML…If your content is pretty simple – sentences with bolding and italics and underlining – you may be okay. Bullets and more complex layout options in Word will not translate well. Better to author, from scratch, in Annotate PRO. Then your bullets and bolding etc. will appear in Word as you would expect. Or paste using Paste Special or Paste and Match Style.
In the screenshot below (click for a larger view) we can see:
- The Library header information is collapsed so we can focus on Groups and Comments. Click Selected Library Details to see the Library name and other info.
- Create a new Group or Sub-Group by clicking New Group in the Group area. To create a Sub-Group. specify a Parent Group.
- Create a new Comment by clicking New or New Comment in the Comment area. Note that the visible Comments are part of the selected Group (“Common Errors” in this example).
Drag Groups to reorder them; change Labels and the Text of Comments as fast as you’d like. Your changes will save automatically.