Annotate PRO Beta Versions
Version 6.1.2, published January 20, 2021, is the new beta version of the Annotate PRO Chrome Extension.
Users install Chrome Extensions like Annotate PRO (AP) from the Chrome Webstore. This guarantees security and automatic updates.
However, Google can take a week or more to review an update to an Extension like AP, which limits our ability to respond to bugs and release updates.
Join the AP beta program to gain instant access to a newer version of AP to:
- Experience new features/capabilities and help us test them.
- Get a bug fix for an issue affecting your use of AP.
You can gain instant access to the latest AP beta by:
- Joining the AP Chrome Beta Google Group
- Visiting this private link in the Google Chrome Webstore to install the latest beta just like any other Extension
You’ll only be able to get to step 2 if you complete step 1.
- What’s in the beta?
- Fixes endless “Ruh-roh” messages for Google Docs users.
- Better support for coloring Favorites (text color adjusts for dark button colors).
- Improved support for Google Docs / Classroom and Goobric.
- Improved support for Microsoft Word Online.
- Improved automatic content updates when editing Libraries.
- Bug fixes to our Forms feature.
- Additional bug fixes to better support Google Docs and Goo
- You can happily run both the production version of AP and the beta at the same time. You may want to disable (visit chrome://extensions/ and toggle AP off) or uninstall the production version of AP though.
- You’ll get automatic updates to the beta.
Please provide feedback or report issues with the beta by completing this form. In particular, look for toolbar strangeness (not showing up when you expect it, for instance), settings not ‘sticking’ and of course failures to insert your awesome pre-written comments!
We regularly provide individuals with a year’s access to all paid features and content as a small “thank you” for finding bugs and providing feedback on AP.
- The latest AP Chrome Extension beta is version 6.1.2 | January 20, 2021.
- Use this version if you’d like to try new features, provide feedback, or if we’ve communicated with you that an updated beta version fixes issues with the production version of AP available from the Chrome Webstore (or an earlier beta version).
This is a link to the version of AP available to everyone in the Google Chrome Web Store. Since it can take a week or longer to get a new version reviewed and approved, you may want to try a BETA version if you’re experiencing problems with the production version downloaded from the Chrome Web Store
- Annotate PRO Chrome Extension (6.0.2 | October 9, 2020)