Millions of professionals use Microsoft Excel to create and edit spreadsheets. Excel includes Commenting features, but they fall short in a number of ways for users who regularly review spreadsheets.
Annotate for Excel streamlines the editing and commenting processes in several ways. Along with unifying Excel's basic commenting features, Annotate for Excel adds numerous custom buttons to make commenting faster and more effective.
How do you use Annotate for Excel?
The following screenshots use the PRO Edition of Annotate for Excel as an example. Click any image to see a larger version of the screenshot.
Step 1: Highlight a cell
Step 2: Click an appropriate button to insert a comment (there are over 200 buttons, all which are customizable by the user. The content shown here is just for demonstration purposes):
Step 3: Annotate inserts pre-written text that you can easily modify. The user's name is bolded, and the entry date-stamped. The Comment is sized optimally, and the cell is automatically highlighted (this can be turned off). If another Comment was added to the same cell, it would appear ABOVE the previous Comment.
Edit the pre-written Comment Library - as easy as zipping through a
table of values, finding the entry you'd like to change, and clicking Save to update the ribbon menu. Types of Comments can be grouped. (The example here shows "Expense Reports" as a group of buttons--this can be quickly changed by the user). There are hundreds of buttons, some of which are for adding text to the contents of a cell, rather than a Comment.
Each version of Annotate for Excel comes with a database of Comments that you can edit to suit your needs. You can even share the Comment Libraries with colleagues. For instance, an Accounting team might develop and share a set of frequently used comments for use in reviewing annual budgets. We offer both FREE and PRO Editions, so you can try the software first, verify the software installs properly on your system, and choose to buy a license when you're ready.
Try or Buy:
Annotate for Excel FREE and PRO Editions
Appropriate for professionals and high school and college teachers. Both FREE and PRO editions are available. The PRO Edition includes over 70 pre-written comments, and space for another two hundred custom comments, any of which can be renamed and changed to suit your needs.
- Designed for professionals who use Microsoft Excel extensively
- Edit labels, content, and add 200+ comments of your own!
- Easily export all Comments, including their Cell locations, to a new Worksheet
- Optimize viewing of Comment text as comment bubbles or inline text
- $20 per user
- Access all the power of Annotate for Excel PRO
- Edit a library of 200+ buttons and their underlying content
- Optimize the look of Comment bubbles
- Unify Commenting features in one Ribbon
- Create up to 3 Annotate Comments per Worksheet
- Export all Comments, including their Cell location, to a new Worksheet
- Upgrade to PRO whenever you're ready - and take your Comment Library with you